To serve patients by facilitating the creation of safe & effective advance care planning documents of all types (Living Will, DNR orders, POLST or MOLST) & to facilitate as well as enable the safe, timely & effective storage, retrieval & utilization of such documents with specified focus on patient safety.
- To safely & effectively enable the voice of the patient through completion & utilization of advance care planning documents.
- To explore new & revolutionary technology that enables the storage & timely retrieval of advance care planning documents which focus on conveying actual patient wishes and emphasizing patient safety.
- To collaborate & facilitate research determining the most “safe & efficient” pathways to create, educate, implement & deploy the safe utilization of advance care planning documents.
- To collaborate with existing organizations that advocate the completion of advance care planning documents and utilization of evidence-based safeguards, all to promote and protect patient safety.
- To promote & facilitate the Resuscitation Safety Statement or patient safety checklists into new & existing curriculum & IT technology for healthcare providers so as to enhance the safe delivery of patient care.
- To standardize educational curriculum for healthcare providers as well as create educational modules for continuing medical education or state licensure requirements.